Willow Star Haven promotes health and wellness by drawing on the synergies between animals, children, and seniors. Our mission is to promote optimal health and fitness and to establish and operate an integrative wellness facility, low density senior housing, a children’s therapy center and a companion animal sanctuary. Willow Star Haven’s mission is manifested in a variety of programs structured around two main beliefs:
- A proper diet and fitness can prevent or remedy disease.
- That rehabilitation of animals provides amazing benefits for all involved and in saving them we heal ourselves.
What We Do Now
Willow Star Haven offers the following:
- Fitness Coaching using Powerplate, Foundation Training and other fitness strategies.
- Food for Life training, a direct service nutrition education program of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM). This research based program has been designed by physicians, nutrition experts, certified diabetes educators and registered dieticians and features 4 curricula detailed in the Nutrition tab.
- Health and Lifestyle coaching in group settings, corporate settings, Lunch and Learn Programs, or one on one.
- Pet Therapy in hospital settings and nursing homes.
- There is no fee for Health and Fitness Coaching, though donations to the Willow Star Haven Charitable Foundation are gratefully accepted. Food For Life programs can be scheduled with a minimum of 8 people or a minimum donation to cover food costs.
Ultimately Willow Star Haven’s facilities and programs will include:
- An Integrative Wellness Center focused on oncology and metabolic syndrome therapies.
- A low density Elderly Housing and Care Center that will be pet, nutrition and fitness centric.
- A Children’s Therapy and Fitness Center.
- An Animal Sanctuary and Holistic Veterinary Center.
The Willow Star Haven Charitable Foundation is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit charitable foundation. At this time we are actively seeking property in the Orlando area suitable for the development of the Willow Star Haven complex. We are also researching funding sources and seeking corporate sponsors and development team members to assist with one or more components of the foundation project.
There is no fee for health and fitness coaching, though donations to the Willow Star Haven Charitable Foundation are gratefully accepted. Food For Life programs can be scheduled with a minimum of 8 people and a minimum donation to cover food costs.
To learn more, please download the Willow Star Haven brochure.